Vietnam visa exemption certificate, also known as Vietnam 5-year visa, is allowed the applicants to go to Vietnam without visa in 5 years.
1. Legal basis
The Decree No. 82/2015/ND-CP on 24th September, 2015 on visa exemption for overseas Vietnamese and foreigners who are spouses and children of Vietnamese residing overseas or of Vietnamese citizens.
2. The process of applying for Vietnam 5-year visa
First of all, you have to prepare relevant documents (read the next section or contact directly with the embassy where the application is submitted for details). Next, you bring all the prepared documents to the consulate to submit. After about 5 working days, you go to the place where you submit documents to get your passport and visa exemption certificate
3. Documents for visa exemption
- 01 application form
- 02 photos in 4×6 cm
- The valid passports, international travel documents or documents for permanent residence issued by foreign competent authorities are valid for at least 01 year (attached with a copy).
- One of the following documents proving the relationship of spouses and children with Vietnamese residing abroad (submit certified copies from the original or with the original for comparison), such as the registration of marriage, the birth certificate, etc.
4. How long is a visa exemption certificate issued?
Within 01 working day after receiving a complete dossier, the authority responsible for granting Vietnam visa in a foreign country shall transfer information of the applicant to Vietnam Immigration Department.
Within 03 working days, the Immigration Department considers and responds to the competent authority of Vietnam visa in foreign countries.
Within 01 working day after receiving the Immigration Administration’s notice, the embassy of Vietnam in a foreign country shall grant a visa exemption certificate.
The fee for visa exemption will depend on the authority with which you apply for it.