The natural beauty along with the Government’s determination on visa exemption will turn Phu Quoc into truly Vietnam’s “Pearl Island Paradise”. In order to provide a stronger boost to the island’s strength, the Government issued Decision No. 80/2013/QD-TTg on a number of specific policies for Phu Quoc. Accordingly, foreigners visiting Phu Quoc will be exempt from entry, exit, and transit visas up to 30 days.
The new visa policy will also be applied to foreigners in transit at any airport or seaport on the way to Phu Quoc. However, if you want to visit other destinations in Vietnam after coming to Phu Quoc or stay for more than 30 days, you must apply for a visa to Vietnam.
Visa requirements for visiting Phu Quoc
In the case of Vietnam visa exemption for Phu Quoc, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Proof that you will leave Phu Quoc for another country outside Vietnam after 30 days
- Not prohibited from entry to Vietnam
- Enter by sea or air
To apply for Vietnam visa for visiting Phu Quoc more than 30 days, you also need to prepare common documents such as:
- A valid passport at least 6 months
- Passport size photo
- Visa application form
- The return ticket or ticket to another country after the trip
- Some other documents depending on the visa application way you choose
How to get Vietnam visa for visiting Phu Quoc and other destinations in Vietnam
In case you visit Phu Quoc and then other destinations in Vietnam and require a visa, you can choose one of three ways for Vietnam visa for Phu Quoc:
Get Vietnam visa at a Vietnam embassy/consulate before the trip
- Contact the embassy near you to find out the procedure
- Prepare the paperwork and bring it to the embassy to submit
- Pay the fee and get an appointment
- Return to the embassy to get the results
Get visa on arrival to Vietnam
- Provide information according to the registration form via the website of VOA visa service provider
- Pay service fee
- Receive visa approval letter via email
- Bring approval letter, passport, photo to Vietnam airport for procedures
- Pay stamping fee to complete the procedure
Come to Vietnam with Phu Quoc visa exemption and get visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department
You prepare the documents as stated above to be exempted from visa to Phu Quoc. After coming here, you come directly to Vietnam Immigration Department to process the visa application as follows:
- Prepare documents as prescribed by law.
- Submit the dossiers to the immigration authority on Phu Quoc island.
- Wait for the authority’s examining the legality and content of the dossier:
- Get results: The person who comes to receive the results shall give the receipt, identity card or passport to the officials who return the results of the examination and comparison, and if the results are available, request the person who receives the results to pay fees.