Although being officially launched since 2017, Vietnam e-visa until now is still unfamiliar with some people. The following post will give you a full, updated overview about how to get Vietnam e-visa, where to get Vietnam evisa, validity of Vietnam evisa, etc. Let’s check out!
1. All the things you should you about Vietnam e-visa
1.1. What is Vietnam e-visa?
Along with Vietnam at the Embassy or Consulates and Vietnam visa on arrival, Vietnam e-visa is another legitimate method for foreigners to obtain a Vietnam visa.
However the difference of Vietnam e-visa with the rest is that it is applicable for those who enter Vietnam for tourism, leisure purposes via single entry within 1 month only.
Vietnam Evisa was applicable for citizens of 40 countries when it was first launched in 2017, and then the number of eligible nationalities increased to 80 up to now (including Australian citizens). Therefore, please check carefully if you are in the list eligible for this new type of Vietnam visa.
Kindly be noted that this Vietnam e-visa type is now temporarily suspended due to COVID 19. Contact us for further updates!
1.2. Where to get Vietnam e-visa
Foreigners can apply for a Vietnam e-visa either directly with the Vietnam Immigration Department or ask for help from a service provider or a Vietnam visa agency.
If applying by yourself, please access to the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/home and follow the guides.
1.3. Where can I use the Vietnam e-visa
One advantage of Vietnam e-visa is that its holders can enter Vietnam via 01 of 32 international checkpoints including airports, seaports and landports.
The list of checkpoints are mentioned as below:
International airports (7)
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Danang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
1.4. Fee and processing time to get Vietnam e-visa
Processing fee of Vietnam e-visa is just $25 (USD) in case you submit the visa application form with the Department. But please be reminded that this fee is nonrefundable no matter if your Vietnam e-visa is issued or not.
Normally it takes 3 working days for the Vietnam Immigration Department to approve your application. However, it is recommended that you send the submission at least 1 – 2 weeks before the departure date., especially during the public holidays or other special occasions that the number of applicants raises higher than normal.
2. How to get Vietnam E-visa
Before applying for a Vietnam e-visa, please make sure to well prepare:
- Your original passport is at least 6 months in validity following the arrival date;
- Original passport have at least 2 blank pages for Vietnam visa sticker and Immigration stamps;
- Scan of passport information page (soft file);
- Scan of passport-style photo (both hard and soft files);
- Cards that can make payment online (credit or debit ones, etc.)
When all documents are ready, please follow these following steps to submit your Vietnam e-visa application:
- Step 1: Access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ => choose E-visa issuance to enter the main portal for applying Vietnam evisa => choose For foreigners to get ready;
- Step 2: Carefully read the whole process in text to understand what you are going to do, then click the button Next;
- Step 3: Complete the personal information in the evisa application form as well as upload portrait photography and passport data information page by following this Vietnam Evisa application form instruction.
- Step 4: Receive Verification Code and make payment
- Don’t forget to save this code as later you will need to use this code for checking Vietnam evisa status and download your Vietnam evisa letter. No email sent from the system for this code so get it done by yourself.
- The next step is to pay for the processing fee. The fee is USD 25 and it is nonrefundable no matter if your evisa application is approved or not.
- Step 5: Get Vietnam evisa result:
- After 3 working days, you can access the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/tra-cuu-thi-thuc and check if your evisa application is approved. If yes, download and print it out for immigration customs.
The procedure of submitting a Vietnam e-visa application form seems simple but not easy as you may think. Just make sure you fill in correct information as it can’t be changed or edited when the application is sent and processed. At that time you will have no choice but have to apply for a new visa letter which means double or triple fee. That’s why using the service to get a Vietnam e-visa is suggested.
3. What does a Vietnam e-visa look like?
When your Vietnam e-visa application is approved, you will receive a visa letter used for entering Vietnam at the checkpoint.
A Vietnam e-visa letter will have all necessary as below:
- Number and code of the Electronic Visa (Vietnam e-visa);
- Full name of applicant;
- Date of birth;
- Passport number;
- Expiry date of passport;
- Validity of the Vietnam e-visa (indicating clearly form which day/ month/ year to which day/ month/ year);
- Checkpoint allowed;
- Purpose of visit: Tourism;
- Name, address and telephone of inviting/ guaranteeing organization (if any);
- Accompanying children (if any);
Last but not least, don’t forget to print out the Vietnam e-visa letter along with the original passport for Immigration customs at the Vietnam entry gate.
Thanks to its convenience, there is an increasing number of applicants submitting for a Vietnam evisa up to the present. Should you have any questions, feel free to let us know.